Explore the Texas Hill Country
The Inn of the Hills is at the center of the best entertainment and attractions the Texas Hill Country has to offer – just steps away from the beautiful Guadalupe River, a 5-minute drive to Historic Downtown Kerrville, 25 minutes to Fredericksburg, and 30 minutes to the Cowboy Capital – Bandera, Texas. The area offers many enjoyable activities such as golf, hunting, kayaking, ranch cookouts, winery tours and a breathtaking scenic drive along the Guadalupe River to Hunt, Texas.
Located only minutes from the Inn is a variety of restaurants – Chili’s, Fuddruckers, Culvers, Dairy Queen, Starbucks, Pizza Hut, Sonic Drive-In, McDonalds, Wendy’s and Ci Ci’s Pizza. And just a short drive away is Mamacita’s and The Cowboy Steak House restaurants.
Fitness & Massage
Across the street from the Inn is the Family Sports Center, where our guests enjoy regular member benefits including: Exercise & Weight Gym, Swimming, Sauna, Whirlpool, Volleyball, Jogging Trail Basketball. Available at a charge: Racquetball Courts, Bowling and Therapeutic Massage.
Click HERE for details on massage.
Kerrville's premiere 18-hole course Comanche Trace offers Inn guests a special Stay & Play package. To visit click here or call 1-877-467-6282. Other courses include the Riverhill Country Club (to visit click here or call 1-830-896-1400) and Scott Schreiner Municipal Golf Course (to visit click here or call 1-830-257-4982).
Guadalupe River Activities
As a guest at the Inn of the Hills, it is easy to explore the beautiful Texas Hill Country. The scenic Guadalupe River provides opportunities for all types of water sports, including boating, fishing, kayaking and canoeing. The Inn, which is only steps away from the Guadalupe River, is also located within walking distance of canoe and kayak and tube rental.
Guided horseback riding is available at nearby attractions. Click HERE for details on the YO Ranch.
Hunting & Photo Safaris
Famous for its deer hunting, the Hill Country also has many exotic game ranches open for hunting and photo safaris. Located 45 minutes west of the Inn, discover the legendary YO Ranch. A true Texas working ranch since 1880, the YO is home to North America's largest collection of over 50 different species of exotic wild animals. To visit click here for more information.
Deer and wild turkey roam free in the Kerrville-Schreiner Park, a great hiking spot for the whole family.
Call 1-830-257-5392 for more information.
Avid hikers head for Enchanted Rock located 35 minutes from the Inn. A huge pink granite dome, situated in a State Park Natural area north of Fredericksburg, Enchanted Rock rises 425 feet above ground and covers 640 acres. Visitors enjoy backpacking, rock climbing, hiking, picnicking, bird watching and star gazing. Call 1-325-247-3903 for more information.
At Lost Maples State Natural Area, visitors enjoy picnicking, , backpacking, sightseeing, hiking, photography, bird watching, fishing, swimming and nature study.
About an hour and a half away is Garner State Park. Hundreds of thousands of visitors flock here each year to enjoy Garner's matchless vacation facilities. They swim in the clear waters of the Frio River, shoot its rapids on inner tubes, rent paddle boats, and hike its fascinating nature trails. On long summer evenings, young folks (and the young at heart) meet at the concession building for jukebox dancing every night during the summer season.
- Kerrville's Historic Downtown shopping area is only minutes away from the Inn. Find art galleries, antique shops, retail stores and restaurants.
- James Avery Craftsman Store is located 3 1⁄2 miles from the Inn on Harper Road (830-895-1122.). Find beautifully crafted gold and silver jewelry for the entire family.
- Museum of Western Art, formerly the Cowboy Artist Museum and always a favorite stop for visitors to Kerrville. The museum features contemporary Western art. To visit click here or call 1-830-896-2553 for more information.
- Texas, Etc., for gifts, art jewelry, Texas items, antiques & collectibles, snacks & sundries, visitor information & more. Come see their selection of Indian jewelry. Located at the Inn of the Hills Resort & Conference Center.
- Woodstone Gallery, located at the Inn of the Hills, Woodstone Gallery is one of Kerrville's oldest art galleries. Shoppers discover fine Western art and sculpture by leading Texas artists.
- Texas Arts & Crafts Fair, one of the top-ranked arts and crafts events in the nation. Big tents placed among the trees with a rolling creek running through the center of the fairgrounds create the atmosphere of an old-fashioned fair. Buy a treasure from one of the 200 artisans eager to visit with you about their work. click for more info
- Kerrville Folk Festival, held annually at the Quiet Valley Ranch, 9 miles south of Kerrville on Texas Hwy 16. Starting on the Thursday before Memorial Day at the end of May, the music continues for 18 days with performances by more than 100 singer/songwriters and their bands. click for more info
The Texas Hill Country is home to many wineries. Each has its own charm and unique taste and style. Several popular wineries and tasting rooms are only a 30 to 45 minutes from the Inn.