Explore the Texas Hill Country
The Inn of the Hills is at the center of the best entertainment and attractions the Texas Hill Country has to offer – just steps away from the beautiful Guadalupe River, a 5-minute drive to Historic Downtown Kerrville, 25 minutes to Fredericksburg, and 30 minutes to the Cowboy Capital – Bandera, Texas. The area offers many enjoyable activities such as golf, hunting, kayaking, ranch cookouts, winery tours and a breathtaking scenic drive along the Guadalupe River to Hunt, Texas.
Take a road trip through the Hill Country:
National Geographic | Drives of a Lifetime
Fodor's | Hill Country Travel Guide
Southern Living | 10 Adventures in Texas' Hidden Hill Country
Country Magazine | Scenic Drives: Texas Hill Country
Reader's Digest | Texas Hill Country Road Trip
Austin American-Statesman | Take a Hill Country Road Trip
My Scenic Drives | The Rolling Hills of History
Texas Hill Country Wineries
Take a drive through Hill Country and visit many Texas Wineries.
Becker Vineyards Located in Stonewall, Texas
Bell Mountain Vineyard & Winery Located in Fredericksburg, Texas
Fredericksburg Winery Located in Fredericksburg, Texas
Fall Creek Vineyards Located in Tow, Texas
Kerrville Hills Winery Located in Kerrville, Texas
Local Golf Courses: Comanche Trace - Kerrville's premiere 18-hole golf course 1-877-467-6282
Riverhill Country Club - 1-830-896-1400 | Scott Schreiner Municipal Golf Course - 1-830-257-4982
Local Parks: Kerrville-Schreiner Park - boating, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, picnicing, camping, swimming, hiking, bird watching, walking and cycling | Louise Hays Park - Picnics, tubing, swimming, playground area's
Wildlife: YO Ranch - Guided horseback riding, deer hunting, exotic game and photo safaris
Attractions and Arts
Hunting & Photo Safaris
Famous for its deer hunting, the Hill Country also has many exotic game ranches open for hunting and photo safaris. Located 45 minutes west of the Inn, discover the legendary YO Ranch. A true Texas working ranch since 1880, the YO is home to North America's largest collection of over 50 different species of exotic wild animals. To visit click here for more information.
Kerrville-Schreiner Park, Deer and wild turkey roam free, a great hiking spot for the whole family.
Enchanted Rock is located 35 minutes from the Inn. A huge pink granite dome, situated in a State Park Natural area north of Fredericksburg, Enchanted Rock rises 425 feet above ground and covers 640 acres. Visitors enjoy backpacking, rock climbing, hiking, picnicking, bird watching and star gazing.
Lost Maples State Natural Area, visitors enjoy picnicking, , backpacking, sightseeing, hiking, photography, bird watching, fishing, swimming and nature study.
Garner State Park, is about an hour and a half away. Hundreds of thousands of visitors flock here each year to enjoy Garner's matchless vacation facilities. They swim in the clear waters of the Frio River, shoot its rapids on inner tubes, rent paddle boats, and hike its fascinating nature trails. On long summer evenings, young folks (and the young at heart) meet at the concession building for jukebox dancing every night during the summer season.
- Kerrville's Historic Downtown shopping area is only minutes away from the Inn. Find art galleries, antique shops, retail stores and restaurants.
- James Avery Craftsman Store is located 3 1⁄2 miles from the Inn on Harper Road (830-895-1122.). Find beautifully crafted gold and silver jewelry for the entire family.
- Museum of Western Art, formerly the Cowboy Artist Museum and always a favorite stop for visitors to Kerrville. The museum features contemporary Western art.
- Texas, Etc., for gifts, art jewelry, Texas items, antiques & collectibles, snacks & sundries, visitor information & more. Come see their selection of Indian jewelry. Located at the Inn of the Hills Resort & Conference Center.
- Woodstone Gallery, located at the Inn of the Hills, Woodstone Gallery is one of Kerrville's oldest art galleries. Shoppers discover fine Western art and sculpture by leading Texas artists.
- Texas Arts & Crafts Fair, one of the top-ranked arts and crafts events in the nation. Big tents placed among the trees with a rolling creek running through the center of the fairgrounds create the atmosphere of an old-fashioned fair. Buy a treasure from one of the 200 artisans eager to visit with you about their work.
- Kerrville Folk Festival, held annually at the Quiet Valley Ranch, 9 miles south of Kerrville on Texas Hwy 16. Starting on the Thursday before Memorial Day at the end of May, the music continues for 18 days with performances by more than 100 singer/songwriters and their bands.